The following terms of service (these “Terms of Service”) govern your access to and use of the Techie Friends website, including any content, functionality, and services offered on or through www.TechieFriends.com (the “Site”) by Techie Friends Inc., company established in Canada under “7321821 Canada Inc.” (Trade name “Techie Friends Inc.”).
Techie Friends Inc. and its subsidiaries are collectively referred hereto as “Techie Friends” “we” or “us”.
This Site is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18 you may not use this Site or the Techie Friends services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
- Key Terms
Buyer or Customers or “you” are users who purchase Services on Techie Friends.
The “Platform Services” or “Marketplace Platform” or “TechieFriends Services” is a technology platform that enables you to arrange and schedule Technical Support with the independent technician or independent third party providers.
The user is the Buyer or Seller using the platform services with the registered account.
Disputes are disagreements experienced during an order between a Buyer and Seller on Techie Friends.
Techie Friends Balance is the aggregated amount of Revenue as a Seller and/or returned payments from canceled orders as a Buyer.
Support Service® Page is where the seller can describe their Support Service and the Support Service’s terms, and the Buyer can purchase the Support Service and create an order.
Support Service® / Services® are services offered on Techie Friends.
Order Page is where Buyers schedules the service and makes the payment.
Orders are the formal agreement between a Buyer and Seller after a purchase was made from the Seller’s Services Page.
Payment Services Provider(s) are service providers that provide payment services to Buyers and Sellers in connection with the Techie Friends platform, including concerning the collection of Charges from Buyers in connection with the purchase of Services, remittance, and withdrawal of Charges to Sellers in connection with completed Services, currency exchange services in connection with payments in local currencies, and the holding of Charges in connection with Techie Friends Platform Charges or any other Balances.
Revenue is the money that Sellers earned from completed orders post order clearance period and after reduction of Platform Service Charges.
Payment is the payout amount ready to be paid to the Seller, based on the orders and Order clearance.
Sellers or “Techie” or “Third Party Service Provider” are users who offer and perform services through Services on Techie Friends.
User-Generated Content (“UGC”) refers to the content added by users as opposed to content created by the Site.
Order Clearance Period is the period between service completion and customer’s confirmation of satisfactory service, to a maximum of 7 days.
Platform Services Charges is the platform service charges per transaction. It is set to 20% of the total transaction value.
TechieFriends Platform Subscription $50 for a month is paid by the seller as a platform subscription charge. This is applicable only if the seller’s revenue, is more than $1500 in a month from the platform.
- TechieFriends Platform Services enable registered Techie’s, to offer their services through a medium hosted by the Platform to the registered users.
- Your use of the Platform Services is voluntary and at your sole risk. TechieFriends has no control over and does not guarantee (i) the existence, quality, safety, suitability, or legality of any Listings or Services, (ii) the truth or accuracy of any Listing descriptions, ratings, reviews, or other information about you including, without limitation, your name, likeness, biographical information (collectively, “User Content”), or (iii) the performance or conduct of any technician or third party. TechieFriends does not endorse any technician, listing, or service. You should always exercise due diligence and care when deciding whether to use a service or communicate and interact with other users of Marketplace Services.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TECHIEFRIENDS DOES NOT PROVIDE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OR ANY RELATED SERVICES OR ADVICE AND THAT ALL SUCH SUPPORT OR RELATED SERVICES OR ADVICE ARE PROVIDED BY INDEPENDENT THIRD PARTY CONTRACTORS WHO ARE NOT EMPLOYED BY TECHIEFRIENDS OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES. TECHIEFRIENDS IS NOT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY LIABLE FOR ANYTHING ON ACCOUNT OF SERVICE PROVIDED BY THE THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS DATA CORRUPTION OR LOSS OR TAKEN.
- Only registered users may buy and sell on Techie Friends. Registration is free.
- Services on Techie Friends may be offered at any price.
- Customers pay Techie Friends in advance to create an order (see Purchasing Section below regarding payment terms).
- Orders are purchased through the Order button found on a Seller’s Support Service page.
- For fees and payments please read the purchasing section here.
- Techie must fulfill their orders, and may not cancel orders regularly or without cause. Canceling orders will affect sellers’ reputation and status.
- Techie gains customer review rating based on their performance and reputation.
- Customers may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through TechieFriends.com.
- Techie Friends retains the right to use all User Generated Content (UGC) for Techie Friends marketing and promotion purposes.
- All content uploaded to Techie Friends by our users (Buyers and Sellers) is User Generated Content. Techie Friends does not check user uploaded/created content for appropriateness, violations of copyright, trademarks, other rights, or violations. We invite everyone to report violations together with proof of ownership as appropriate. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled.
- TechieFriends retain the right to modify, add, or delete any clause of this agreement at any time.
- SELLERS OR TECHIE OR THIRD PARTY PROVIDER
- Sellers create Services on Techie Friends to allow Customer to purchase their services.
- Sellers are required to submit the background and criminal record check information to the Techiefriends. Any cost related to this check is borne by the Seller. From where and how the check is to be carried out will be defined by Techiefriends at their website.
- Each order you sell and complete accredits your account with net revenue of 80% of the purchase amount. Platform usage charges are 20% of each transaction over the platform. The minimum Platform usage charge per transaction is $5/-. So for example if the transaction is of $10/- purchase value, Platform usage charges will be $5/- and seller will get $5/-
- Techie Friends accredits Sellers once an order is completed. See our “Orders” section below for a definition of a completed order.
- If an order is canceled (for any reason), the Charges paid will be returned to the Buyer’s Credit Card or mode of payment used.
- The Seller’s rating is calculated by the Techie Friends platform based on various factors like reviews posted by Buyers and many more. High ratings allow Sellers to have more orders. In certain cases, exceedingly low ratings may lead to the suspension of the Seller’s account.
- TechieFriends is going to charge $50 per month, as a Platform usage charges if Sellers monthly revenue from the TechieFriends platform is more than $1500 per month
- For security concerns, Techie Friends may temporarily disable a Seller’s ability to withdraw revenue to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may come as a result of security issues, improper behavior reported by Buyers, or associating multiple Techie Friends accounts to a single withdrawal provider.
- Sellers are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any GST, VAT, or otherwise, which may apply to them depending on residency or location. Sellers represent and warrant that they comply, and will comply at all times, with their obligations under income tax provisions in their jurisdiction. The Support Service price shown on the Support Service page is inclusive of all such taxes and charges that may apply to the Sellers.
- Appointment as Limited Payment Collection Agent: Seller hereby appoints Techie Friends as Seller’s limited authorized payment collection agent solely to accept payments (via its Payment Services Provider, if applicable) from Buyer, and remit those payments to Seller. Seller agrees that payment from Buyer to Techie Friends shall be considered the same as a payment made directly to Seller. Buyer’s payment obligation to Seller will be satisfied upon receipt of payment by Techie Friends (or its Payment Services Provider, as applicable), and Techie Friends (via its Payment Services Provider, as applicable) is responsible for remitting the Charges to the Seller in the manner described in these Terms of Service. If Techie Friends (via Payment Services Provider) does not remit any such amounts to Seller, the Seller will have recourse only against Techie Friends and not the Buyer directly. Seller agrees that Techie Friends may describe or otherwise reflect the terms contained herein in any terms of service, receipts, disclosures, or notices including, but not limited to, receipts provided to Buyers that Techie Friends may deem necessary or prudent.
- Techie Friends partners with Payment Services Providers for purposes of collecting Support Service-related payments from Buyers, transferring such payments from Buyers to Sellers. All payments services in connection with the withdrawal of Charges on the Techie Friends platform are performed by Techie Friends’s Payment Services Providers.
- Sellers are responsible for obtaining a general liability and professional service insurance policy with coverage amounts that are enough to cover all risks associated with the performance of their services. Techiefrineds on its discretion may ask to demonstrate or show the professional insurance coverage.
- By offering a service, the Seller undertakes that he/she has sufficient knowledge, permissions, rights, and/or licenses to provide, sell the service that is offered on Techie Friends.
- Sellers agree not to sell services to the customers outside of the TechieFriends platform.
- Sellers are allowed to post any amount of active services.
- Services charges are to be defined by the Seller and should be inclusive of all local and any other taxes.
- Services created on Techie Friends are User Generated Content.
- Services and/or users may be removed by Techie Friends from the Site for violations to these Terms of Service, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:
- Illegal or Fraudulent services
- Copyright Infringement, Trademark Infringement, and violation of a third party’s terms of service reported through our Intellectual Property Claims Policy found here
- Adult oriented services, Pornographic, Inappropriate/Obscene
- Intentional copies of Services
- Spam, nonsense, or violent or deceptive Services
- Services misleading to Buyers or others
- Reselling of regulated services
- Offering to prepare academic works on behalf of Buyers
- Exceedingly low-quality Services
- Looking into customers private files, financial data or anything similar nature
- Promoting Techie Friends and/or Techie Friends Services through activities that are prohibited by any laws, regulations, and/or third parties’ terms of service, as well as through any marketing activity that negatively affects our relationships with our users or partners.
- Services that are removed for violations mentioned above, may result in the suspension of the Seller’s account.
- Services that are removed for violations are not eligible to be restored or edited.
- Services may be removed from our Search feature due to poor performance and/or user misconduct.
- Services may include pre-approved website URLs contained within the Support Service description and requirements box. Services containing websites promoting content, which violates Techie Friends’s Terms of Service, will be removed.
- Services are required to have an appropriate Support Service image related to the service offered.
- Statements on the Support Service Page that undermine or circumvent these Terms of Service is prohibited.
- Eligible Services in select Categories may set up Support Service Packages to offer their services in structured formats with multiple price points for the selected Support Service.
- To receive payment, the Seller must update the bank account details at the Platform.
- Revenue eligible for the payment will be held on your behalf at an account with Techie Friends or Techie Friends’s Payment Services Provider.
- Only one account can be associated with a Seller’s profile.
- Payment will be made in the Currency the service is listed.
- Techie Friends will payout the revenue once every 7 days for the orders that have passed the order clearance. Pay-outs will happen every Monday (Mountain Time Zone)
- Payment fees vary depending on the payment method. (Until we add payment methods, the only method available is local bank transfer and till Dec’20, no payment fee will be charged.
Withdraw to your PayPal Account
For a list of PayPal services by country
Local Bank Transfer (LBT)
*CAD$5 per transfer*.
Direct Deposit (ACH)
Canada and US only
* Additional fees may apply based on your location and currency.
3.4 Platform Service Usage
- All Chat and Remote connection activities will be recorded.
- A copy of the recording will be made available for 7 days for Seller and Buyer to download. After that, it will be removed from the system.
- The seller should only use TechieFriends provided Remote Access and Chat services.
- Using TechieFriends Remote Connect and Chat services other than to services the TechieFriends customer is not allowed.
4. BUYERS OR CUSTOMER
- You may not offer direct payments to Sellers using payment systems outside of the Techie Friends Order system.
- User Accounts: Portion of the Platform Services can be viewed without TechieFriends’ account. To use most aspects of Platform Services, the Buyer must register for and maintain an active personal user account (“Account”). You must be at least 18 years of age, or the age of legal majority in your jurisdiction (if different than 18), to obtain an Account. Account registration requires you to submit to TechieFriends certain personal information, such as your name, address, and mobile phone number. You agree to maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date information in your Account. Your failure to maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date Account information, may result in your inability to access and use the Platform Services or TechieFriends‘s termination of these Terms with you. You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your Account, and you agree to maintain the security and secrecy of your Account username and password at all times. Unless otherwise permitted by TechieFriends in writing, you may only possess one account.
- Email or Text Messaging or Other forms of messages; By creating an Account, you agree that Platform Services may send you an email, text (SMS) messages, or any other form of communication, as part of the normal business operation of your use of the Platform Services.
- Promotional Codes or discounts; TechieFriends may, in TechieFriends’s sole discretion, create promotional codes that may be redeemed for Account credit, or other features or benefits related to the Platform Services and/or a Third Party Provider’s services, subject to any additional terms that TechieFriends establishes on a per promotional code basis (“Promo Codes”). You agree that Promo Codes: (i) must be used for the intended audience and purpose, and in a lawful manner; (ii) may not be duplicated, sold or transferred in any manner, or made available to the general public (whether posted to a public form or otherwise), unless expressly permitted by TechieFriends; (iii) may be disabled by TechieFriends at any time for any reason without liability to TechieFriends; (iv) may only be used under the specific terms that TechieFriends establishes for such Promo Code; (v) are not valid for cash; and (vi) may expire before your use. TechieFriends reserves the right to withhold or deduct credits or other features or benefits obtained through the use of Promo Codes by you or any other user if TechieFriends determines or believes that the use or redemption of the Promo Code was in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of the applicable Promo Code terms or these Terms.
- Buyers pay TechieFriends to create an order from a Seller’s Service page, using the Order Now button. TechieFriends partners with Payment Services Providers for purposes of collecting Support Service-related payments from Buyers, transferring such payments from Buyers to TechieFriends, and holding Charges during order clearance period.
- Services are charged by per ticket or hours. If services selected are charged by the hour, the minimum order is for 1 Hour service. Even if, Techie resolves the problem or answers queries sooner than 1 hour, the minimum charge would be for 1 hour.
- Techie Friends serves as Seller’s limited authorized payment collection agent solely to accept payments (via its Payment Services Provider, if applicable) from Buyer, and remit those payments to Seller. Buyer’s payment obligation to Seller will be satisfied upon receipt of payment by TechieFriends (or its Payment Services Provider, as applicable), and Techie Friends (via its Payment Service Provider, as applicable) is responsible for remitting the Charges to the Seller in the manner described in these Terms of Service. If TechieFriends (via Payment Services Provider) does not remit any such amounts to Seller, the Seller will have recourse only against TechieFriends and not the Buyer directly.
- In most locations, Services may be purchased on TechieFriends by using one of the following payment methods: Credit Card or Debit Card accepted by the TechieFriends’s payment service provider.
- Payment Service Providers processing fees are added at the time of purchase where a buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees. As of Aug’20, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are $3 on purchases up to $60 and 5% on purchases above CAD$60.
- By using any payment method and/or providing payment details for making purchases on TechieFriends, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are legally authorized to provide such information; (b) you are legally authorized or have permission to make payments using the payment method(s); (c) if you are an employee or agent of a company or person that owns the payment method, you are authorized by that company or person to use the payment method to make payments on Techie Friends; and (d) such actions do not violate any applicable law.
4.3 Local Currencies
- Buyers may pay on TechieFriends in several different currencies. Unless stated otherwise, you will be charged in the currency displayed on the Order page. All currency exchange services in connection with payments and withdrawals in local currencies are performed by Techie Friends’s Payment Services Providers. In certain cases, however, when certain currencies are not supported by certain payment methods, you will be charged in US$ even if the price is displayed in another currency. In any event, the actual charged amount (in the actual payment currency) will be disclosed to you before you complete the Order.
- Buyers should note that the Services’ pricing is derived always from their original currency CAD $ price and, therefore, non-CAD$ currency prices may change daily in accordance with exchange rate fluctuations and may also include conversion fees. Buyers always have the option to pay in CAD$ by changing their selected displayed currency.
- If you paid for an Order in a currency other than CAD$ and your Order was later canceled for any reason, the amount returned would be based on the exchange rate as of the date of cancellation. Therefore, the returned amount may vary from the paid amount in local currency terms, while always maintaining the same CAD$ value.
- Your TechieFriends Revenue is always valued at CAD$. Therefore, if you are listing your services in any currency other than CAD$, it may change daily in accordance with exchange rates fluctuations, while always maintaining the same CAD$ value.
- Buyers may be charged with indirect taxes (such as Sales Tax, VAT or GST) depending on their residency, location, and any applicable law, in addition to the Support Service price shown on the Support Service page.
- Buyers agree that they are responsible to comply with all tax requirements applicable to them, including but not limited to any obligation to deduct or withhold taxes. It is hereby clarified that all prices and fees that appear on the Site are the net amounts that will be paid following any direct or indirect taxes, levy, withholding tax, and/or deductions.
- Once payment is confirmed, your order will be created and given a unique TechieFriends order number. (TF#)
- Once the order is to be accepted by the Seller. In case the seller rejects the order, payment will be refunded back to the Customer.
- When a Buyer orders a Support Service, the Seller is notified by email as well as notifications on the site while logged into the account.
- Sellers must deliver the services on agreed time to customer satisfaction. Failing to do so will allow the Buyer to cancel the order when an order is marked as late and may harm the Seller’s status.
- After completion of the services, the order will be awaiting Customer feedback.
- Payment will be released to the Techie after receiving the Customer feedback. If no feedback is received within 7 days, payment will be made to the Techie and Order will be marked as Completed.
- Feedback reviews provided by Buyers while completing an order are an essential part of Techie Friends’s rating system. Reviews demonstrate the Buyer’s overall experience with the Sellers and their service. Buyers are encouraged to communicate to the Seller any concerns experienced during their active order in regards to the service provided by the Seller.
- Leaving a Buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a Buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations of our Terms of Service.
- To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the TechieFriends platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance seller ratings, or to abuse the TechieFriends platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
- Feedback comments given by Buyers are publicly displayed on a Seller’s Support Service page.
- Responding and posting a review: Once work is delivered, the Buyer has seven days to respond. If no response is provided within the response period, the order will be considered completed.
- Sellers may not solicit the removal of feedback reviews from their Buyers through mutual cancellations.
- Disputes and Cancellations
If for any reason, there is a dispute, on the service delivered or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Techie Friends’s Customer Service for assistance.
- Order can be canceled anytime, only before the start of the service.
- Order cancellations can be performed on Techie Friends, when eligible, by emailing to the OrderCancellation@techiefriends.com.
- Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation of these Terms of Service. Doing so may get your account temporarily or permanently disabled. Note: once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the Charges will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
- If a Buyer or Seller encounters an issue related to the service provided in an order, you are encouraged to use to attempt to resolve the matter involving Techie Friends’ customer services.
- TechieFriends, through its Payment Services Providers, reserves the right to cancel orders or place Charges on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.
- If an order is canceled (for any reason), the Charges paid will be returned to the Buyer.
- Revisions to service can be performed by Sellers. For any revision order, contact the customer service center.
6.2 Order Cancellations
- Order can be canceled anytime, but at least 4 hours before start before the start of the service.
- Eligibility for requests to TechieFriends to cancel an order will be assessed by our dispute management team based on several factors, including violations to our Terms of Service, general misconduct, and improper usage of the TechieFriends delivery system. See below for Order specific eligibility.
- Orders are not eligible to be canceled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Support Service page. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.
- Buyers must use TechieFriends Customer Service to address their concerns and desired resolution related to the service provided by their Seller.
- Any non-permitted usage of TechieFriends encountered during an Order, after being reviewed by our Customer Service Center, may result in the order being canceled. This includes, but not limited to; harassment, unlawful behavior, or other violations to TechieFriends’s Terms of Service.
- TechieFriends Customer Service Centre will cancel orders based on, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Active Orders (after the Buyer submits the order and before the Seller shows up for the Service on TechieFriends Platform)
- The Seller is late and unresponsive for more than 24 hours.
- Users are abusive towards the other party through threats of low ratings or leveraging order materials (such as logins, personal information) against each other.
- Users supplied or included copyright/trademark infringing materials as part of the Buyer requirements or the Seller’s delivery.
- The user is no longer an active TechieFriends user due to Terms of Service violations or closure of their account.
- Delivered Orders (after the Seller clicks Service Completed and before the order is marked as complete)
- The Seller requests additional payments, on or off the TechieFriends platform, by withholding the final delivery of services directly related to the agreed requirements.
- The Seller is withholding the final delivery of services for improved ratings.
- Buyers who abuse to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed request.
- Buyers who threaten to leave a damaging review to gain more services from the Seller not related to the agreed requirements.
- Completed Orders (after the order is marked as complete and before the 7 days limitation)
- Users who have been reported to use copyright/trademark infringing materials after verification and with proof.
- TechieFriends Customer Support will review cases of Order delivery manipulation that prevents Buyers and Sellers from fully utilizing our Customer Service Centre that enabled the order to be marked as complete.
- User Conduct and Protection
TechieFriends enables people around the world to receive/provide the best home tech support services at an unbeatable value. Services offered on TechieFriends reflect the diversity of an expanding Support Service economy. Members of the TechieFriends community communicate and engage through orders, chat and social media, and on TechieFriends’s Community Forums.
TechieFriends maintains a friendly, community-spirited, and professional environment. Users should keep to that spirit while participating in any activity or extensions of TechieFriends. This section relates to the expected conduct users should adhere to while interacting with each other on TechieFriends.
To report a violation of our Terms of Service, User Misconduct, or inquiries regarding your account, please contact our Customer Service Center.
- To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers, or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of TechieFriends to circumvent or abuse the TechieFriends messaging system or TechieFriends platform is not permitted.
- Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Chat session.
- TechieFriends does not provide any guarantee of the level of service offered to Buyers. You may use the Customer Service center.
- TechieFriends does not protect users who interact outside of the TechieFriends platform.
- All information and exchanges must be performed exclusively on TechieFriends’s platform.
- Rude, abusive, improper language or violent messages will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension/removal of your account.
- TechieFriends is open to everyone. Discrimination against a community member based on gender, race, age, religious affiliation, sexual preference, or otherwise is not acceptable and may result in the suspension/removal of your account.
- Users may not submit proposals or solicit parties introduced through TechieFriends to contract, engage with, or pay outside of TechieFriends.
- Users with the intention to defame competing Sellers by ordering from competing services will have their reviews removed or further account status related actions determined by review by TechieFriends.
- Users are to refrain from spamming or soliciting previous Buyers or Sellers to pursue removing/modifying reviews or canceling orders that do not align on Order Cancellation or Feedback policies.
- TechieFriends reviews cases of payment provider chargebacks and disputes on behalf of Sellers. Although results vary per case due to each chargeback reason, we work hard on resolving disputes in the Seller’s favor. If the chargeback case allows, TechieFriends (or one of TechieFriends’s Payment Services Providers) will return parts or full revenue to Sellers, otherwise, the chargeback amount will be borne by the Seller.
- The seller should only use TechieFriends provided Remote Access and Chat services.
- Using TechieFriends Remote Connect and Chat services other than to services the TechieFriends customer is not allowed.
7.4 Reporting Violations
Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms of Service or any user misconduct reported to our Trust and Safety team. A warning will be sent to the user’s email address and will be displayed for such users on the Site. Warnings do not limit account activity but can lead to your account losing seller statuses or becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.
7.6 Non-Permitted Usage
Adult Services & Pornography – Techie Friends does not allow any exchange of adult-oriented or pornographic materials and services.
Inappropriate Behavior & Language – Communication on Techie Friends should be friendly, constructive, and professional. Techie Friends condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech towards others. We allow users a medium for which messages are exchanged between individuals, a system to rate orders and to engage on larger platforms such as our Community Forum and Social Media pages.
Phishing and Spam – Techie Friends takes the matter its members’ security seriously. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our members’ privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions, or anything which is not directly related to their Services or orders.
Privacy & Identity – You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided on the order page. Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the Buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the Buyer. Any users who engage and communicate off of TechieFriends will not be protected by our Terms of Service.
Authentic TechieFriends Profile – You may not create a false identity on TechieFriends, misrepresent your identity, create a TechieFriends profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. TechieFriends reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).
Fraud / Unlawful Use – You may not use TechieFriends for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
7.7 Abuse and Spam
Multiple Accounts – To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the TechieFriends community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations to TechieFriends’s Terms of Service is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
Targeted Abuse – We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other users on TechieFriends. This includes creating new multiple accounts to harass members through our message or ordering system.
Selling Accounts – You may not buy or sell TechieFriends accounts.
7.8 Proprietary Restrictions
Users have no right, and specifically agree not to do the following concerning the Site or any part, component or extension of the Site (including its mobile applications): (i) copy, transfer, adapt, modify, distribute or reproduce it, in any manner; (ii) reverse assemble, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive its source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, structure or organization; (iii) modify or create derivative works; (iv) remove any copyright notice, identification or any other proprietary notices, or; (v) use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site, or interfere with any other users’ enjoyment of the Site. Users also agree not to permit or authorize anyone else to do any of the foregoing.
- TechieFriends reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these Terms of Service or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Site or services.
- Violation of TechieFriends’s Terms of Service may get your account disabled permanently.
- Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on TechieFriends.
- Users who have violated our Terms of Service and had their account disabled may contact our Customer Support team for more information surrounding the violation and status of the account.
- Users have the option to enable account Security features to protect their account from any unauthorized usage.
- Users must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Support by providing materials that prove ownership of that account.
- Sellers will be paid out their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 90 days following full verification of ownership of the account in question, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to TechieFriends’s approval.
- Disputes should be handled by contacting TechieFriends Customer Service Center.
- TechieFriends may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, TechieFriends will make a new copy of the terms of service available on the Site.
- You understand and agree that if you use TechieFriends after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, Techie Friends will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
User-Generated Content (“UGC”) refers to the content added by users as opposed to content created by the Site. All content uploaded to TechieFriends by our users (Buyers and Sellers) is User Generated Content. Techie Friends does not check user uploaded/created content for appropriateness, violations of copyright, trademarks, other rights, or violations. We invite everyone to report violations together with proof of ownership as appropriate. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled.
Furthermore, Techie Friends is not responsible for the content, quality, or the level of service provided by the Sellers. We provide no warranty concerning the Services, their delivery, and any communications between Buyers and Sellers. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community, and common sense in choosing the appropriate Services provider.
Users agree to not provide User Generated Content that is defamatory, libelous, hateful, violent, obscene, pornographic, unlawful, or otherwise offensive, as determined by TechieFriends in its sole discretion, whether or not such material may be protected by law. TechieFriends may, but shall not be obligated to, review, monitor, or remove User Content, at TechieFriends’s sole discretion and at any time and for any reason, without notice to you.
By offering a service, the Seller undertakes that he/she has sufficient permissions, rights, and/or licenses to provide, sell, or resell the service that is offered on Techie Friends. Sellers advertising their Support Service online must comply with laws and terms of service of the advertising platform or relevant website used to advertise. Failing to do so may result in the removal of the Support Service and may lead to the suspension of Seller’s account.
By providing User Generated Content to TechieFriends, the user grants TechieFriends a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferrable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, modify, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise exploit in any manner such User Content in all formats and distribution channels now known or hereafter devised (including in connection with the Services and TechieFriends’s business and on third-party sites and services), without further notice to or consent from you, and without the requirement of payment to you or any other person or entity.
You agree to not provide User Content that is defamatory, libelous, hateful, violent, obscene, pornographic, unlawful, or otherwise offensive, as determined by TechieFriends in its sole discretion, whether or not such material may be protected by law. TechieFriends may, but shall not be obligated to, review, monitor, or remove User Content, at TechieFriends’s sole discretion and at any time and for any reason, without notice to you.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER TECHIEFRIENDS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH TECHIEFRIENDS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
IN NO EVENT WILL TECHIEFRIENDS, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
IN ACCEPTING LIABILITY AS THE LIMITED AUTHORIZED PAYMENT COLLECTION AGENT OF SELLER, TECHIEFRIENDS AND ITS AFFILIATES ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF SELLER.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
The term “Affiliate” referred to herein, is an entity that, directly or indirectly, controls, or is under the control of, or is under common control with Techie Friends, where control means having more than fifty percent (50%) voting stock or other ownership interest or the majority of voting rights of such entity.
User agrees to indemnify and hold TechieFriends and its officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless from any and all claims, demands, losses, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with: (i) your use of the Services or services or goods obtained through your use of the Services; (ii) your breach or violation of any of these Terms; (iii) TechieFriends’s use of your User Content; or (iv) your violation of the rights of any third party, including Third-Party Providers.
- Governing Law; Arbitration.
Except as otherwise set forth in these Terms, this agreement shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Each of the parties hereby irrevocably attorns to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta with respect to any matters arising out of this Agreement. The Vienna Convention on the International Sale of Goods of 1980 (CISG) shall not apply. Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of or relating to this contract including any question regarding its existence, interpretation, validity, breach or termination, or the business relationship created by it shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the Canadian Arbitration Association Arbitration Rules.
Claims of Copyright Infringement.
Claims of copyright infringement should be sent to TechieFriends’s designated agent. Please visit TechieFriends’s web page at https://www.TechieFriends.com/legal for the designated address and additional information.